It is seen that cover fabrics that are woven using an acrylic solution tend to last longer. This fabric is said to withstand color fading as well as UV rays. Maintaining them regularly is essential.
Various Ways to Use Outdoor Pillows
- Lay the duck cloth with its front side facing downwards.
- Measure two squares about 17x17 inches in length, and keep an extra inch for stitching the seams. Mark these measurements with a chalk.
- Cut the cloth accurately, as per the measurements, and pin both the pieces together. Remember to keep a margin of half an inch and make sure that the front sides of the cloth are facing each other.
- When these preparations are made, you can begin the stitching. Keep removing the pins as you go.
- To anchor the thread properly into the fabric, you can sew a straight stitch seam by running a few stitches up and down.
- After you sew the first side, stop at the corner and lift the presser foot. Turn the fabric to sew the other side.
- To give the pillow sharper corners, you can cut a triangle from the corners of the cover once you have reached the last side.
- After stitching three sides, put the cover on the pillow and sew the open part of the cover. Fold the fabric inwards, and when you reach the end of this side, anchor and end the seam.