Today, this trend is becoming popular in other parts of the world too because of the availability of different appliances, which include stainless grills, sinks, warming drawers, space heaters, and kitchen cabinets.
Things to be Taken Care of
Before you actually embark on the journey of achieving a full functional outdoor kitchen, it is important to plan and make a budget. To do this you can look at different plans online or in books; these plans will help you with the transformation. Also consider how much space you currently have as this will determine how elaborate your kitchen will be.
Since one of the essential equipment is a barbecue, choose one, see how much space it takes, and then consider the other items you want by taking into account the space available. While planning one, lighting is also of crucial importance.
Here you could consider solar lighting as these store energy during the day and turn on automatically at night. There is a wide range available and you will certainly find one that goes with the other elements you had in mind. With all this in mind and a few tips, you will be well equipped to create your own comfortable, functional, and beautiful kitchen!
- First of all, decide if you want your outdoor kitchen to be an accessory of your deck or patio, or the focal point. Also take into consideration the space and how much time you intend to use it.
- Try and have your indoor and outdoor kitchen in close proximity as this will increase the usefulness of both.
- While generating design plans, consider the size of the group you will entertain in this space.
- Remember to design it as per the climatic conditions you live in. If you have hot summers, ensure there is shade whereas if the winter temperatures dip below freezing, it is important to remember that all outdoor plumbing will require winterizing.
- When you select equipment, select one that goes with your cooking style. For instance, you could opt for a gas powered grill that has side burners or a wood-fired oven for roasts, breads, and pizzas. Also ensure that the materials are selected wisely and that there is space for tool storage.
- Check to see if the utilities, such as gas, electricity, and plumbing are accessible. Of course all these utilities can be installed or moved, but your choices can be governed by their easy availability.
- Once you have gone through all the steps, determine how much of the kitchen you can build yourself and how much professional help you will require.
Plans for Outdoor Kitchen Designing
Outdoor kitchen can have many designs, all depending on what you require, the space available and your budget. You could go for a design that has everything built into the wall or another which has everything free standing. You could also opt to have everything covered or open.
Your design could also have a grill with a side burner which would help you boil sauces and make veggies with ease. If you are still unsure about the design or plan you want, you could meet manufactures, who will be happy to offer their designs. You could also be more creative and contact retailers and home centers and come up with an entirely new plan.
Basic Outdoor Kitchen designs
This design features a sink, a grill, and a little space where you will be able to chop and store your supplies. It is fine for occasional light cooking but is not suitable for heavy duty cooking.
This design has a configuration that allows for separate spaces for preparing the food and cooking it. The seating arrangements in this design are usually next to the grill island.
This kind of island provides distinct zones for each kind of work. With this design you have place for preparing the food, cooking, and eating it. This design is usually preferred because food can be served straight from the grill while maintaining a conversation.