Early versions of LED emitted only low-intensity red light; but now, LED bulbs are available in various colors and wavelengths. At present, LEDs are being used for various purposes. They are highly popular for their durability and efficiency. Another advantage of LEDs is low consumption of energy.
Overall lighting is good for night parties and other events. It is also good for discouraging intruders and nocturnal animals. Nowadays, landscape lighting is not restricted to professionally designed landscapes. It is easy to install lighting in domestic landscape using landscape lighting starter kits.
You may also do this on your own, according to your needs. LED lights are perfect for a landscape. All you need is the imagination to plan the lighting effects you want. You can also go through magazines and websites for better ideas. Here are some tips regarding installation of LED landscape lighting.
- Make a brief sketch of your house, patio, deck, and landscape. Make sure to include pathways, steps, entrance, driveways, trees and shrubs, flower beds, garden ornaments, and other important features. Make a plan regarding placement of the lighting fixtures. Choose those features that you want to highlight.
- Spotlights are good for highlighting a tree, a garden ornament, or flowers. This effect can also be achieved by installing 'up lights', which give a dramatic lighting effect. They can be placed at the base of walls, trees, garden ornaments, and gazebos.
- 'Down lighting' is another technique that is commonly used for landscaping, especially for illuminating pathways and steps. These light fixtures, which are placed above eye level, are mainly used to cover wide areas. Also known as moonlighting, this type of lighting is also good for security reasons.
- The designs, colors and lighting plan of your landscape should gel with the style of your house. For example, a Victorian home needs lighting fixtures, which are more ornate. Antique design lighting will be good for such a house.
- As LED landscape lighting is available in different types, you can easily choose the one that is suitable for a particular area. You can use portable floodlights, camping lanterns, flashlights, patio and deck lights, and pond lights.
- LED lighting is available in different amperes and voltages. If you want a very light glow, lamps with two diodes will be enough. If you need a brighter light, go for lamps with more diodes.
LED lights can be used to illuminate your pool. These can also be installed on free-standing or wall-mounted lampposts. In short, LED lights are ideal for lighting your landscape as per your imagination. Apart from accentuating the aesthetic appeal of your landscape, LED lights are also energy efficient and durable.