The natural look of wooden furniture can enhance the beauty of any garden or lawn. The varieties of wood used to make this type of furniture include pinewood, maple, oak, teakwood, rose, cedar, redwood, and many more. They come in a wide variety of colors too, ranging from earthy browns and pale yellows, to verdant greens. They also come in a wide range of designs and styles, which you can choose from according to your taste and the ambience of your garden or lawn. Here are some tips for choosing the perfect wooden furniture for you garden:
- The Adirondack chairs, combined with a matching footstool and side table, make an ideal setting for a coastal garden. These chairs are also great on a deck or patio, especially if they are painted in vivid primary colors. They are delightfully relaxing to sit in, and the wide armrests are ideal for resting a long, cool glass of drink.
- You can create cozy seating nooks in your garden or lawn by putting together a few pieces of oak furniture made by Amish artisans, who are known for making furniture that is both beautiful and durable.
- If you have a woodland garden and want to maintain an outdoorsy look, you can go in for rustic furniture. You can get tables, chairs, and benches made entirely from the whole trunks of trees, with even the bark on them. Or you could get furniture created by combining pinewood with the branches of trees, which have a natural handcrafted look.
- You could also choose the furniture according to a particular color that you want to highlight in your garden. For instance, if you grow herbs, many of which have blue and purple flowers, you could get violet-colored furniture. Or perhaps you could match the color of your furniture with the trim of your house, in which case you can opt for yellow, indigo, red, or orange.
- Garden furniture made of redwood can stand out in any garden because of the naturally beautiful color of the wood. Chinese redwood is also beautiful in its own way. The natural beauty of redwood is partly due to the variations in its coloring and grain. Throw on a few brightly colored cushions, and you will be able to create a very inviting place where you can relax.
- Another great piece of furniture for your garden is an outdoor swing made of unfinished red cedar. It can provide a lovely spot for relaxing with a few matching lounge chairs and a rocking chair nearby, or it can be a great outdoor perch where you can read a captivating novel, have a cat nap, or just sit and enjoy sipping a tall and cool drink, as you lazily watch the evening turn into dusk.
- A traditional wooden bench fits perfectly in an equally traditional cottage garden. Or, how about a sun lounger on the deck? You could also add a few chairs made of pine or maple and a wooden picnic table, and enjoy dining al fresco on weekends with friends and family. If you have children, you can get wooden furniture specially designed for them. Do not forget to add a colorful parasol or two to protect yourself from the sun.