Although the sting of a wasp is non-poisonous, wasps can sting more than once if provoked by humans. The sting of a wasp can be very painful and can even lead to a skin rash. Therefore, when we notice a wasp infestation, we immediately want to get rid of it. Here are some tips and techniques.
There are several methods that help in getting rid of the wasp infestations at home. The first and the foremost method to locate the wasp's nest and seal it. Wasp traps and repellents are the commonly used methods of controlling wasp infestation.
Secondly, you can also look for professional pest control methods to control the wasp infestation that cannot be controlled by using home remedies. However, although you may be successful in these methods once, you also need to follow preventive methods so that the infestation does not occur again.
- At the same time, you should make sure there are no other holes around the house which could shelter the wasps. In order to prevent wasp infestation, you should fill up all holes, cracks, gaps found around your house. You should also make sure that there are no holes near the drains, snake burrows, etc. If you find any, fill it immediately!
- Secondly, wasps are commonly found near wastes and garbage bins. Therefore, it is wise to keep garbage outdoors and tightly covered. Especially if there is leftover food, fruits, vegetables in the garbage, you should make sure that the garbage can is tightly covered.
- There is also a possibility that the wasps may build nests in overgrown weeds or lawn. Therefore, if you have a large garden, it should be maintained on a regular basis; you should mow the lawn and get rid of weeds regularly.
- Now, if you wish to have a garden party and do not want the wasps to mess it all, you should follow all the aforementioned methods first. If you still find wasps in the garden, keep a plate of dog food at one end of the garden to distract the wasps, and enjoy your party.
- Lastly, one of the most important tip to remember about wasp infestation prevention is to carry out a regular pest control at home. Although, these preventive measures help in getting rid of pests, you should contact a professional pest control as it is one of the best methods for eradication and prevention of wasps!