This is also known as the white or giant bird of paradise and can be grown as a houseplant or in the garden. If you wish to grow flowers on this plant, then it is important to plant it outdoors in the sun. This plant is mostly opted for its banana-shaped leaves.
This plant is also known as crane lily and is a good choice for home gardeners. It is the easiest to maintain plant, but patience is required for growing this plant as it grows very slowly. This plant gets orange and blue-petaled flowers.
This plant more known as the white bird of paradise gets flowers which have white and blue petals. This plant is more of a tree as it grows up to 20 feet in height, which makes it unsuitable for home gardens.
This rare plant is also known as mountain strelitzia. It can be used as a house plant and has similar flowers to the alba and nicolai species.
This plant can stand a bit of frost, but it grows very slowly and after few years its leaves start disappearing and the plant becomes a reed. It gets flowers that has bright-yellow and orange petals.
Plant Care Instructions
Choose the right variety of the plant. You can buy the plant online or from your local plant nursery. Here are the important tips you need to follow when growing these plants.
- Plant it on a sunny site and maintain well-drained soil.
- Maintain moist soil during the growing season which is from spring till summer.
- Keep pruning the plants regularly and always prune out the new suckers.
- Don't provide any fertilizer to this plant as it doesn't like any salts.
- After the first flowers appear, the mature plant can be divided to increase the stock.