The garden is where you spend most of your time building a connection with nature. This is where you relax while tending to the greens. It holds a special place in many homes. Most people even consult professionals to ensure the green paradise stays in its pristine form. One even goes that extra mile to add decorations and plan themes to add to its beauty.
Having a garden fence helps you protect it and also lends it the right amount of privacy. You need to decide the style, the material, and many such factors that go into choosing the right kind of fencing for your garden. From the simple to the decorative, there are various styles that are available in the stores.
Pros and Cons of Wood Fencing
- Wood fencing has been used to add to the decorative element to the garden. It's simple and easy to install. You can easily locate it in home stores that deal with such materials and if you want to explore your creativity, you can even try to install it with a few planks from your backyard.
- Having it also helps reduce the cost factor. Check out with the local stores to know the best prices and get the latest deals available. Once you have decided about the budget, you can take a look at the various varieties available.
- Installing it also helps in better bonding between the families! Being easy to install, it can be made at home with the help of your children and friends wherein the entire process can be a fun affair.
- When it comes to the installation, you can be assured that it will be easy to use and handle unlike other materials. You need not worry about calling the professionals to guide you about the entire process. The materials used and the supplies required are easily available in any home stores. If you wish to make changes in the height, you can do so very easily by trimming the panels. You can even add some elements to it such as railings and other fencing parts that can be secured easily with the help of screws or metal straps.
- You can try to add some wooden flower boxes, which you can set on the rails. You can make these at home and paint them with various designs. They can be used to plant flowers.
- The disadvantage is that, it proves to be a bit difficult to maintain. Wood is more likely to rot and be infected by insects. This can happen more quickly if the post is set directly into the ground. It requires regular maintenance, which is very essential to keep the wood sealed and protected. It also needs to be painted and coated on a regular basis to keep it from cracking and the paint coat from peeling off.